In this episode, we talk how important a financial cushion is in transition, walking away from success and becoming a top ranked podcaster with John Lee Dumas.
The Pre-Brief: John Lee Dumas is a former Captain in the US Army and the founder and host of the top ranked podcast, Entrepreneur on Fire. On his show, John interviews today’s most successful and inspiring entrepreneurs SEVEN DAYS A WEEK with the goal of inspiring millions.
- The story of how he became an Armor officer as a direct result of the plane crash into the Pentagon on 9/11
- John set himself up for a transition by creating financial cushion that allowed him to take a year to travel for a year after he left the military.
- After his year abroad, John went to law school and was miserable. His next plan was to become a financial advisor.
- John applied his military experience to immediately have an impact in his role as a financial advisor.
- After finding success in the financial sector, John transitioned to real estate and it was during this time that he discovered podcasts and came up with the idea for Entrepreneur On Fire
- John invested in a coach and surrounded himself with the people who helped him be successful
Resources for this episode:
- Podcasters Paradise: http://www.podcastersparadise.com/
- Webinar On Fire: http://www.webinaronfire.com/
Answers for the BIG 5
- One action to take now: Wake up 15 mins earlier and go to bed 15 mins later. Use these 30 minutes to learn and develop a skill.
- One thing to learn: How to do a live webinar
- Favorite Resource: www.Scheduleonce.com allows you to schedule by allowing others to pick a time on your calendar
- Favorite book: The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson and the Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- One thing to enjoy outside of work: Exercise
How to reach the guest:
- Website: http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com/
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
And lastly, if you have any questions send me an email email@example.com and I would love to answer your question on the show.