In this episode, we talk protecting the prime minister of Iraq, going from being anti-numbers, to becoming a financial planner and the importance of differentiating yourself.
The Pre-Brief: Jeff Rose is the founder of Alliance Wealth Management as well as the Good Financial Cents Blog and Podcast. He served in the Illinois National Guard as an MP, achieving the rank of Staff Sergeant and deploying to Iraq in 2005 based in Baghdad. In 2007, he left AG Edwards to strike it out on his own and start Alliance Wealth Management and followed up with the start of his blog. At his blog, Good Financial Cents, He helps people at all points make cents of their financial life make.
- How he transitioned from being anti-numbers to becoming a financial planner
- In Baghdad, he had an experience as a small town National Guard unit working with Navy Seals protecting the interim vice-president of Iraq.
- During the deployment he balanced serving in Iraq while maintain a job in the financial sector
- The financial sector has high attrition rates with 60% not making it through 5 years
- Learning to market his practice on-line through his blog allowed him to stand out from other financial advisors
- Sometimes you have to learn to say no, between multiple blogs, multiple podcasts and family needs there is a limit to hat you can accomplish in a day.
- Jeff challenges people to go open a Roth IRA. It is tax-free money and you will learn more about investing than just using a Thrift Savings Plan.
Resources for this episode:
- E-Myth Revisted by Michael Gerber
- Dollars and Roses
- House of Rose
How to reach the guest:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
And lastly, if you have any questions send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I would love to answer your question on the show.