In this episode we talk compost, explosives, education, and how to pitch your idea with Justen Garrity.
The Pre-Brief: Justen Garrity is the founder of Veteran Compost. He commissioned as a combat engineer in 2004. Justen served as a Platoon Leader, XO and Mobility Officer. After a 15-month deployment, Justen transitioned to the National Guard to be closer to home and founded Veteran Compost, a business dedicated to two things: Employing veterans and turning food scraps into high-quality compost. Highlights:
- Why Justen chose Engineer branch (hint: C4!)
- The opportunity in renewable energy and how he chose composting
- The importance of testing a prototype and getting feedback
- How to use school to refine an idea
- Why veterans make great employees
If you think you have got it, then go after it! Life is short, have some fun!
Resources for this episode:
- Small Business Development Seminars
- SCORE Counselors
- The Art of the Start: The time tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything – by Guy Kawasaki
- Here is a PDF guide on the Pitch, then Plan and the 10/10/32 presentation
- Justen Drinking his Compost Cocktail
How to reach the guest.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/veterancompost
- Twitter: @veterancompost
- Website: veterancompost.com
- LinkedIn ID: Justengarrity
- Youtube: vet compo
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
And lastly, if you have any questions send me an email email@example.com and I would love to answer your question on the show.